Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Changes

Time for a change. Well Actemra was not my drug, thankfully my Dr agrees. My blood tests have not been improving and actemra was increasing my cholesterol levels, so done with that.

Changes...now I will be starting remicade. I have high hopes for remicade. I am going into this with only positive thoughts and will not be reading up on it or learning about any of the side effects. I am sure this may seem silly and superstitious but with only a handful of options left I am ready to start carrying a 4 leaf clover and a rabbits foot or any other good luck charm you think will help.

The only reason I have not wanted to try remicade before now is the infusion time. As I have said before my infusion room sucks and has no art, no decor, uncomfortable seats, and no family members allowed in the room. Remicade takes at the minimum 2 hours to infuse the first appt will be more like 3.

Like I said I am going into this one with high hopes, positive energy, and many prayers. This will be the right medication for me, it will work longer and better than any others have so far. I do like that you start at every 8 weeks instead of monthly, but this can be increased if needed.

Right now I still haven't been able to take any of my medications in 3 weeks because I was sick. So I missed an infusion and 3 shots. I have found the positive in this forced break...I am getting a tattoo tomorrow. My Dr said no tattoos while I am on the chemos so now I am off I'm taking advantage. I can't wait I have been wanting another one for a long time now so I am more than ready.

Well a short blog for now. Without having any meds my hands aren't liking typing much.
I hope everyone is having a great day. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment