Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Jack Frost is nipping at my joints

I know winter storms are hitting a lot of areas hard recently. My area has not been hit as hard as many others, but we are hitting record lows (single digits) and have gotten snow and ice. This winter storm is really hard on my body. I always have heard people say "a storms coming I can feel it", now I know what they mean. 

I just had my infusion last Thursday and I feel like I haven't even had it. Thankfully the pain isn't constantly severe, but there are definitely moments where it really spikes and catches my breath, even brings a tear to my eye. I have constant pain that is the high end of moderate level. I have a high pain tolerance as I have said before, but this is really taking a tole on me. 

With a constant higher pain level, it really fatigues me and my brain. You get to the point where you can't think straight. I get very frustrated with not being able to think clearly. I forget things easily and often can't think of simple words that I have used almost every day of my life. 

When things get like this I can't keep up with what is normally simple everyday tasks. Emails stack up because I don't have the mindset to be able to respond. Phone calls get ignored and messages remain unanswered. I save any energy I have for my husband and kids, but even that is very scarce. 

I had to approach my Dr about increasing my pain medications because I just can't take it anymore. He was willing to increase my dosage, but only for 2 weeks rather than the month I am normally prescribed, so that means making another appointment while I am not doing well, not to mention the fact that we have so much else going on already. I start to feel overwhelmed with the calendar filling in so quickly, especially knowing that my energy level is so low and pain level is so high. 

I love this season and this time of year, I even love the snow as my area hardly ever gets it...but I am really ready for this winter storm to move on.  

I hope everyone is staying warm and is not being hit too hard by Jack Frost. Thanks again for stopping by and have a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment