Thursday, June 12, 2014

The innocence and truth of a child

It's no secret I love kids. I think kids are amazing. I love how their minds work and want to absorb everything around them. They are never afraid to ask if there is something they don't know. They are naturally curious.

I think that we don't loose that curious side of ourselves, but what does happen is we become somehow afraid to ask others about things we don't understand. Is it because we are afraid we will be mocked or are we afraid of asking something that will make another uncomfortable? I am not sure why we no longer ask the questions to feed our curiosity.

I actually miss that. I think we are all missing out on infinite learning,  knowledge beyond what we ever thought we could obtain. I think that people could learn a lot more about others if we still asked more questions.

Most people don't know or understand RA but when you tell them you have rheumatoid arthritis they simply answer oh my grandma had arthritis, or they have arthritis in their knee and just don't think to ask more questions.

I love educating people on what RA is, I wish more people would feel comfortable asking. I think I will try to come up with some phrasing that will put people at ease and know that asking more questions is welcome, even wanted.

I know so many people want others to just understand about RA and what it is and what it does, but if we don't take the time to educate people how are they supposed to learn?.

If there are ever any questions you have about RA please feel free to ask them. Thanks again for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment