Friday, January 31, 2014

One silly cold and a lot of pain

I used to be one of those people that could work through a cold, work with broken bones, work when I was unable to walk. Now a little cold makes me unable to walk, ok not completely but it sends my pain sky high and makes walking very hard.

This is not a bad cold, I'm congested in my head and that's about all so far. A cold mixed with an autoimmune disease though is completely different than just a little cold...in fact I don't get just a little anything anymore. 

What happens when you get sick is your immune system goes to work trying to fight off the virus or infection. With Rheumatoid Arthritis you immune system is wacky and attacks healthy tissue, joints, organs, even skin...it sees your body as a virus it must kill off. So for me when I get a little cold my immune system kicks up to full gear and attacks my tissue, joints, organs and skin. This puts me in a full flare.  

I can not get around well and need help with even the simplest things. Last night my husband had to help me walk to the bathroom, in the middle of the night, completely naked. It's a very short distance from our bed to our bathroom, but I couldn't even make that short distance. I had to wake him up to help me. 

There is even more fun to my little colds now, because I am on the chemos to fight the RA my little cold can now last anywhere from a week to a month, sometimes even longer. 

So this little cold is why I haven't been around much online. I have a wonderful friends wedding to attend tomorrow and this cold won't keep me from making it, being there for her special day is more important than my silly cold. 

Thank you again for stopping by. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. 

This was written on Friday Jan 31st but as I forgot to post you're all reading this a bit late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment