Monday, April 7, 2014

Clutzy Day

Today was a clumsy day for me. There are some days when my grip is just way off. I can't seem to hold onto to anything for long sometimes I just can't hold it at all. This is common with Rheumatoid Arthritis. It happens for me the most when I have a lot of swelling, which I am dealing with today. 

It started when I was trying to bag up veggies and I kept dropping some of the green beans. Not that big of a deal because my dogs love vegetables so I had the cleanup crew at my feet. Next was a bowl, this was a good hard drop but thankfully I have corelle dishes bought for weight and the added benefit of hard to break. No dishes or humans were injured during this episode lol. 

Next was a water bottle, of course the kid was off at the time! I don't know how it missed the three electronic devices I had right by it. Pure luck only a chord got a bit wet, oh and my ipad case....always get a case. 
 
Once a week I refill my weekly pill dispenser. I always do this on Sundays. I often drop my pills as I am trying to fill this. I have trained my dogs very thoroughly on the "leave it" command. My dogs will not touch anything if I tell them to leave it, to me this is the most important command you can teach your dog as it can save their life. I was scared of filling my dispenser because I had already dropped so much. I actually didn't drop any pills, I'm not sure how it happened but am so glad. 

Tomorrow I have to drive for about 4 hours. Thankfully this will be broken up, 2 hours to get where I am going then two hours to get back. I haven't taken this long of a ride or drive since my RA has been so active, so I will probably have to make multiple stops to stretch and get my joints moving. I know it will be pretty painful and difficult to do, but I'm hoping it won't be too bad, it will be a good test as this summer we will have some even longer trips. I do have some helpful hints for traveling with RA that I will share in another post soon. It will be a good reminder for me too. 

Thank you again for stopping by. Hope everyone is having a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment